Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Triple D: Decadent, delectable, and dazzling!

The Food Network is probably my all-time favorite channel to watch. Ever.

I can sit at the TV for hours, watching Giada de Laurentiis create a mascarpone-filled chocolate-covered confection (while somehow keeping her hair perfectly in place the whole time) while Duff goes absolutely and wholly mad, making a cake that resembles the Hogwarts Express and even blows steam! In fact, I think my parents sometimes judge me for how much Food Network I really do watch. Somehow, it's hard for me to explain to them that I'm not just watching someone cook, I'm watching them create art! Food Network is able to take some of the finest chefs and show them in their element, one of pure genius!

Photo Credit: [smallbusinessphoto.com]

 Now, while I don't agree with all of their choices regarding who they put on the network (Paula Deen and Sandra Lee, anyone?), I thoroughly enjoy watching some of my favorite culinary connoisseurs challenge themselves on national television and, not surprisingly, come out successful! More enjoyable than watching these individuals create their masterpieces, however, are the slightly off-kilter, 'unique' programs, born from zany and fun concepts that most would not think to turn into a TV show: Best Thing I Ever Ate, Iron Chef America, and the star of the show, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

Photo Credit: [broadwaydiner1.com]
Photo Credit: [thechive.com]
Hosted by Guy Fieri, possibly one of the most enthusiastic and insane people I've ever seen on TV, the show takes viewers around the United States, looking for, in Guy's words, 'the greatest Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!' While there are not many of Guy's 'choice locations' in around Indianapolis, one eccentric joint is located right in the heart of Carmel: Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream. This restaurant, while known for its great down-home, American food, has become infamous for the one dish that brought Guy Fieri to its home: the Big Ugly.
 
*Cue dramatic music here...*

The 'Big Ugly' is a one-pound burger that many diners attempt to take on, although some fail. While it's a pretty awesome (and somewhat scary) dish, people often forget about Bub's other contribution to Carmel--Bub's Cafe.

Located right off the Monon Trail, Bub's Cafe is a small, quiet spot where you and your family can go grab a nice relaxed brunch. From sweet treats to savory delights, it's got something for practically everyone!

During the summer, a group of us got together to have a wonderful brunch experience at Bub's Cafe. On the menu:

 
Chocolate Chip Pancake with Fruits and Fresh Whipped Cream
(There are chocolate chip inside the pancake, too :)


 
Cinnamon Croissant French Toast with Fresh Fruit
 
 
Creme Brûlée French Toast with Rhubarb Compote--Seasonal Special
*I was skeptical about the rhubarb, but if you like candied sugar, this is definitely for you*
 
And, for those of you who are a little tired of sweet meals (though I'm pretty sure that's not possible),
 
 
Root Vegetable Hash with Poached Eggs and a Biscuit--Seasonal Special
 
So next time you're taking a stroll on the Monon, make sure to stop by Bub's Cafe.
It's definitely the perfect way to start off your Lazy Sunday.
 

Photo Credit: [ebay.com]

1 comment:

  1. I like Paula Deen......but only when her son's are cooking. Emily judges me for watching Food Network, but i still love it and watch it even though it makes me depressed that i cant eat the food thats on tv.

    ReplyDelete